Reducing cut depth by percentage

I am pretty sure I asked about this later year , but just in case.

A big benefit would be able to select multi layers and reduce the cut depth by a percentage , instead of having to try and select each layer and reducing them one by one.

I just got an app approved that should solve this issue. It’s called “Depth Changer” and it allows you to change the depth of multiple shapes at the same time while maintaining their relative depths.

It does it by a numeric depth instead of a percentage. Would being able to scale the depths be useful?

1 Like

Hi Ethan,

Sorry for the delay busy time of year for us. I gave this a shot but it didn’t appear to do anything.

Could you give a brief tutorial on how to use it?

Then I can answer your question :slightly_smiling_face:

Many thanks for your work on this!

Hi Debbie,

Sorry for my delay!

The app works by:

1. Select a group of elements that you want to move up or down in your material but maintain their relative depths to each other.
  2. Open the app and use the slider to move the shapes up or down in the material. You can only move the shapes down until the lowest layer hits the bottom of the material and up until the highest layer hits the top of the material.

Note, the app will show your entire design, however the depth will only change on the shapes you have selected.

I hope this helps! let me know if you have anything changed.

-Ethan