Repeated 1/8 cuts

I want to make this. How do I make repeated 1/8 cuts like this?

Can you do cad?

I think that’s why he’s asking.

@KevinSPlace Are you asking how to do it in Easel? Many of us wouldn’t choose that route, but it’s definitely possible.

EDIT:
Don’t have time to explain how I did it, but you should be able to figure it out from this.
I used the replicator app to copy and space rectangles.

What is it anyway?

1 Like

Great example using Easel.

My point was, I can explain how to do it in cad, but if all he knows is Easel, I’d be of no help…So I was waiting for his reply before I started a more complex explanation.

Sorry about the late response. Yes, I’m only familiar with the easel. I was able to make a copy of the design. I really appreciate it but I would still love to understand how it was done so I can learn. So far I’ve made a circle, outlined it, then made another circle but kept that on fill. I then made a rectangle which is 1/8 wide and replicated it. I got stumped when I tried to move it more in the circle and to get it to the sides of the inner circle if that makes sense.

It’s a sifter which can be put in a 5 gallon bucket.

Inner circle filled to full depth.
On top of that, the rectangles, much wider than the circles, set to zero depth. I combined all of the rectangles, so they could be moved as a group. The rectangles aren’t being cut, it’s the space between that is.
On top of that, the outline circle.
Select all and align center.
The key tool is the “move to back”, “move to front”, “move back”, and “move forward” to get the design elements stacked correctly for easel. Back to front, inner filled circle, rectangles, outer cutout.
Does that make sense?

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Give a man a fish and you feed him…never mind :man_shrugging:
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I appreciate the help. I’m starting to get it figured out now.

2 Likes