[Request] Better Easel File/Project Management

Hi Guys.

I’m still waiting for my machine to ship, but I’ve been playing the crap out of Easel to learn not only the software, but to see some interesting designs and how they look in the 3d preview.

That said - my file lists is growing by the minute. They’re only ordered by date last saved, which makes it kinda hard to potentially find an old project as your list starts to grow.

Are there any plans for better file management? Maybe saving offline or allowing folders/file groups? Sorting by file name?

5 Likes

Hi Alan,

This is definitely something we’d like to improve. That’s an interesting idea about having folders/file groups, I think that would make a lot of sense. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chris,

I’d kill for even just 1 level of some sort of “+” that could expand out a grouping of files for a single project and collapse down into a single project/folder name.

Along with a sort by name instead of just “last opened/saved” – I think that alone would be 95% helpful.

Thanks for listening to our ideas!

+1 for the folders idea…

As an addition to the idea. If someone had multiple “files” to cut on one piece all for the same project, then they could share the whole folder as a project for others to use.

Example: 2 files are on a project piece where one is required for slots and another for cut throughs.

Some sort of folder-esque system would be great!

Am I missing it, or is there no way to back out of a project and NOT save the changes you made?

I would be curious to know if there was a way of doing this as well, or maybe a restore to last open date, since I think the saving is automatic as you work.

1 Like

I would like to think folders are in the pipeline but I’ll also put in a +1 for this. I am starting to have a collection of projects that require more than one Easel project and it would be great to keep them all together in a folder.

+1 for folders and how about a “save as” for multiple versions.

1 Like

+1 I hope this is on the way!

1 Like

I Found a way to handle too many files.
I organized my files into 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch thicknesses.
then combined all the patterns I could fit onto one file. I spaced them about 1/4 inch apart. on my “board” then I can pick patterns out from one place as I need them without going through umpteen files.

1 Like

Was in Easel the other day and all my files vanished :open_mouth:, then I refreshed to find a nice long list of my projects, much appreciated change over clicking through pages. Thanks for the up-dates and work being put into Easel.

3 Likes