Required workspace

I’m orientating on buying an X-Carve 1000mm, but in at the moment I’m quite limited in space. I have a corner in my garage where I can place the machine, but I will only be able to stand right in front of it. Left, right and back are blocked by a wall.

Do I need to be able to get around the machine to operate it properly?

I found this image online and I want to make a small table/cabinet like this. So if in my case the left and right side are also “blocked”, I’m still good?

4b9dff77bf3dcecb9fea5f431cfe793b

Built something similar since it is in the corner. I put wheels on it to allow rolling it out for a long part to be cut or upgrades as well as maintenance.

1 Like

Same, currently only have access to front. While not ideal, it’s workable. I’m redesigning the space and rotating the the machine so I have access to 3 sides and use longer stock…

Don’t let space stop you! :slight_smile:

I would just worry about the space ABOVE the X-Carve, incase you ever want to upgrade to a better Z-Axis with more travel. Front, sides and back are not so much of a big deal.

Enjoy your X-Carve, and look forward to seeing your future projects :+1:

Yeah above the machine I’m good, there’s almost 7 ft between the floor and the ceiling.

I was in the same boat. Putting mine in a cabinet made it a little tricky reaching the back of the machine.
A little advice if you do buy it. During assembly place your belt adjustment m5 bolts to the front of the machine. I put mine on the back y plates and when it came to tightening my belts , I had to kneel on my bench and lean over my machine to reach the back.