Restart gcode mid way?

You made an educated guess. (Wisdom + favorable conditions = luck)
You had extra info from picsend (line count) not available to easel users.
You did not do a homing cycle after a machine failure.

I would rather re-establish those favorable conditions for the user, every time. Part of that assumes I can re-establish the same WCS as the original cycle (easel can, so I should be able to also)

Youā€™d have to either give it an X/Y/Z location where it stopped or youā€™d give it a percentage and itā€™d gather the total lines of code, do some math, then backtrack and find the last applicable Z command and then would have to do the X/Y move first, then the Z then resume the program.

I made the mistake of installing Python 3.6.2. Uninstalled and installed Phyton 2.7.13 and Iā€™m running bCNC now

@EliasPolitis Thank you for the pointers.

@RobertCanning You may have gotten lucky, I was unlucky when I notebooked the file. rotor went directions that were not in the toolpath for me. Perhaps I need more testing and good luck.

If I put bCNC on my CNC PC Iā€™d need to connect. Where do I put pyserial for Python to recognize it?

@EliasPolitis Perhaps Iā€™m missing something is there a ā€˜gotoā€™ line? For some reason bCNC isnā€™t showing my full file in the visualizer, I only get a block of the cut, small one at that. I can select blocks - however Iā€™m not seeing the cut pattern in the visualizer. That would be helpful.

I loaded a rough cut file and the visualizer shows the toolpath and blocks are highlighted. When I load the finish gcode on one file it shows half the display in visualizer and doesnā€™t highlight the blocks. When I load the actual finish gcode file Iā€™m working with it shows perhaps a 1/8 in the visualizer. Hmm this isnā€™t working out for me. Guess Iā€™ll see if I can lucky like @RobertCanning and try my hand at Notepad again.

On the upper right corner of the viewer there is a small dropdown menu. This is a draw timeout in seconds. Its purpose is not to slow you down in case you donā€™t want to wait for the complete toolpaths to display or run the application on an old computer. Try increasing that.

Iā€™ve seen what you describe on my RPI, so I leave the draw timeout higher. On my office workstation it draws a lot faster.

If this does not solve it for you, look here to see if it has been mentioned and, if not, open an issue.

1 Like

@EliasPolitis That did the trick, thank you for pointing out the timeout setting. Now I wish I bought my MS Surface with more memoryā€¦ These files are slowing my surface down.

bCNC is helping a ton during my times when I need to restart at points of a project. Moving blocks and cutting block really has been a huge help.

Lately Iā€™ve needed to reduce some of the blocks of gcode. However when I edit a number of the gcode lines out of the block and start the project my CNC is moving really really slow. Iā€™m assuming Iā€™ve deleted some gcode lines that I should not have deleted regarding speed. However I have no real idea whatā€™s what in gcode.

Can anyone shed some light on what not to take out of a gcode block?

Got it - that helped me figure out the gcode. For some reason I didnā€™t think to jog the spindle, Iā€™ll have to open my mind to more than one way. Though I wanted to figure out this gcode. So - One can do the same in the gcode. This is what I was missing - needed to make sure I had a G0x & Y when I cut out lines in a block. One that is similar to start x/y in cut lines.

[Go where you want to start]
G0X#####Y####
[lift Z to safe height and set speed]
G1Z0.1900F30.0
[Start cutting with speed]
G1X7.5138Y13.0391F150.0
ā€¦

1 Like