Resurfacing

Can someone get me instruction on how ti resurface my wast board

1 Like

this might help

FLATTENING AND CREATING A GRID ON THE ONEFINITY CNC SPOILBOARD - YouTube

2 Likes

Xcarve?

1 Like

Resurfacing your waste board is simply as flattening the surface of a work piece. However, the problem is the space outside the cutting area of the router. You will have a higher lip (original height of the waste board) If you will be doing small pieces that fall within the cut area then it will be beneficial to cut a new surface. If you will be doing larger cuts that requires a tiling process then you will have issues with multiple heights on the waste board. I have worked with a lot of different wood in my wood work shop and MDF will swell and warp if there is too much moisture in the air. An uneven surface waste board is a cnc’s nightmare. I found it easier to just buy a new piece of melamine from the hardware store for about $30 - $50 and make a new one. It also works well if you use double sided tape to assist with securing your work material. I used the original waste board for my first change and that new one eventually became the template for the next. The T nuts were also reused. Quicker and easier. Plus the old waste board gets reused for some other project.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.