Router Bit Recommendations

I’m about to pull the trigger on an X-Carve. I’m new to CNCs and deciding what bits I should get which is overwhelming.

I’m going to be working exclusively with wood for now and I have 2 questions:

1. 1/4" or 1/8" Shank? It would seem that 1/4" shanks is a better option than 1/8" being less likely to shutter. This is based on my handheld and router table experience with 1/2" vs 1/4" shanks. True?

2. What would one consider a complete set of CNC router bits to match X-Carve capability for all-around 3D woodworking projects? Also any recommended packages? I’m of the mindset of go big or stay home so I’ll go for quality, say Freud, and shop for price. I want to make sure I have all that I need up front (or a big step toward). I’ve read this primer from Rockler, http://www.rockler.com/how-to/primer-cnc-router-bits/ , that gave me a broad brush of types of bits used.

Thanks in advance for the advise!!

I’m still waiting for my X-controller but in anticipation I just purchased some of the bit sets from Inventables. I figured it’s of good enough quality and decent price to get going while I learn the ins and outs of the machine. Once I build up experience it will guide me towards what works, doesn’t work and the likes. I can then delve into some more expensive bits as recommended all over the forum of so required.