S.O.S. Anyone around Northern Virginia?

I have been working with almost all types of woodworking machines but mostly scroll saws for the last ten years.
This is my desperate attempt to get my 1000mm X-Carve to use as I originally planned almost a year ago. Every time I think I am ready to use the machine, I realize that I would still need to adjust/align/configure another part of it before I can really use it.

So, I just need someone who is familiar with these machines to do some consulting and get the machine ready (align, “tramm”, etc.) and show me couple of tricks how to make couple of things.

So, please let me know if you are around Northern Virginia (Leesburg, Ashburn, Sterling) area. I feel so bad to leave this beautiful machine idle in my garage. I will of course pay for your time and effort. So, please give me your price and let’s plan this.

Please note that, this is my issue and by no means anything bad about X-Carve machines. They are fantastic machines and Easel is a very useful and user-friendly software.

Thank you,
Allen

good afternoon my name is johan would be willing to help but i live in houston texas?

I have been using my 1000mm for about a a year. I live in Missouri but I will be in the Manassas the first full week of Nov. I am no expert but I have learned from many mistakes. I would be able to help and share notes.
Lee

Lee,

Thank you for your quick response. I would specifically like/need to learn basic things, such as aligning/calibrating/leveling my router so I can at least do basic carving with it. Unfortunately, I have not been able to use this fantastic machine much due to the lack of knowledge and experience.

Depending on the time of the day, I am about 1/2 hour away from Manassas and it would be fantastic if you could please spare couple of hours of your time during your visit. As I mentioned in my previous posting, I would be glad to compensate your help so if you think you are interested, please let me know. Regardless, I do appreciate your consideration.

Thanks,
Allen

I’m about 2 hours from nova in wv. I have the smallest xcarve (upgraded from a shapeoko). It’s a little far to travel but if you have any specific questions other than general setup let me know. I don’t have any homing switches so i do a manual setup for every carve set 0 on xyz on each workpeice (i don’t have any hold downs installed on my waste board, i just screw down the work piece). it’s bare bones, but it still carves.

Also not really an easel guy, I use http://chilipeppr.com for the tinyg controller. the xcontroller wasn’t an option when i started on the cnc path.

Hi Allen,

I’m not far away, in Vienna. I come out to Leesburg a few times each month to visit my Mom. Might be able to swing by your place. I’m no expert, though!

Mike

@AllenKh. Not sure if you have seen any of my videos but they were done with the beginner in mind. This is my only way to help you because of the large distance between us. I’ll try to answer any questions that you may have

Allen
I am still here in VA what’s your schedule like for Tuesday or Wednesday? I don’t know the drive time from Woodbridge to your place. sorry I dint answer earlier. I didn’t know you don’t get a notification of a reply.

Lee