Samsung Galaxy S5 phone ceiling mount for taking videos

The thread has only just started and already, I’m stealing your idea. :wink:
Getting fed up up of hand held.shaky videos (mine, not yours) so something like this is just the ticket.

1 Like

I love the Xcarve but it has its place. Phil is so good a 3D design you could make a design and take to Brandon or Fond du lac library and 3D print one as it would not be so bulky.

Cheap and functional works for me too! … :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I’m big fan of building your own of just about everything sometimes I got to catch myself just trying to reinvent things with no reason. I was faced with similar need a while ago and I found solution that just worked very well and safe for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZBKD4E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

It’s free 3d printing at brandon library

1 Like

Hey phil, i made this last week for a lamp that Im working on. I think this might great for your phone mount so you can have more flexibility. I made one for 1/4 screws and another one for # 8.

1 Like

yeah, thats what I wanted to do but I didn’t have any handy and it was kind of late to make some in the xcarve, which I already have the file for them too. So I used the nuts that had handy. But knobs are the way to go!

1 Like

Lucky you! Someday I might get it but I’m thinking about the upgrade first.

1 Like

And the Oscar for best video editing in a documentary goes to…

2 Likes

2 Likes