School Project

Left the shop for 5 minutes when my daughter stuck her head in and said “Daaaad… the play station won’t connect to Netflix”…

No idea what happened, but there goes two hours of carve…

VCarve Pro used for calculating the vectors, Easel for sending to the X-Controller. Not sure that it was WiFi related, I ditched that piece, uploaded a different G code file, sent it with easel and it carved fine…(well, not exactly fine… my tool path was off due to pilot error but there were no stutters or wandering off path.) then a second send of the same G code (after adjusting size to accommodate a 1/8th end mill) went almost perfect and then the 611 started acting stupid… stuttered and stopped (broke the bit) then restarted, then stopped… I just shut the thing down and took my drone out for a quick flight. I’ll run an “air carve” this evening ( I have to prep the MDF before I can restart the project) to see if I have bigger issues.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert, I was thinking “brushes”…(hoping that it was just a glitch, but Thinking “brushes”).
its, kinda funny… my dad suggested “interference or noise”, but I’ve never had that problem with the machine.

I guess it’s a good thing I have a second 611 in the tool locker…AND two sets of replacement brushes.

It seems there isn’t really any consistency in the Dewalt 611’s brushes??? I’ve read on several different threads in this forum about brushes and there seems to be no constant or average on how long they last

Thanks for the assist…

I was going to run an “air carve” later this afternoon to see if it kept glitching or not, but now I think I’ll just get right into changing the brushes…

I’ll post Pictures…

And this is why I tell Everyone that this site has the best Forum / User Group of ANY group that I have been part of.

Thanks for all the useful information. especially the Video…

2 Likes

I have noticed mine will start spitting out carbon dust when they are getting to that point. I start seeing it on the work piece.

As promised…

Brushes changed… in the process of weekly torque checks and then verify calibration