ScrewDrive Upgrade Kit (New and updated Thread)

this didn’t work for me, I tried and tried and it would not come off, I could have been doing wrong somehow though I’m sure

Lot of good ideas. Thanks

cut it with a dremel.

The bearing puller worked like a charm.

31R4JhEOg5L

1 Like

I have wired all the motors up the same but only 1 Y motor works, they are moving very slowly so I will have to calibrate, this is the way I have them wired, is this right, everything moves freely by hand with the power off
red-red
green-green
black -black
blue-white

The y motors need to be wired identically.

And set the stepping to the lowest you can for now and adjust your steps per mm. On the gshield it’s done with jumpers and the Xcontroller with dip switches.

1 Like

What are the setting for the dip switches if I have the cnc4newbies Z. What are the setting for the 4th dip switch on all axis

I just re-read this. Go with eccentric spacers not nuts. Spacers are your friend. And place the smooth side of the precision washer for the vwheels against the aluminum for smoother adjustments.

2 Likes

This help?

Is it just me who put 8 v wheels on both sides?

When I disassemble my z-axis I will move them to the sides

1 Like

Here is a kick back to one of my prototypes that took a lot of time and money to make but ended up as a failure:
Some critical dimensions were off and the fit and finish was way too expensive to meet the price projections.

1 Like

I have a strange sound coming from the left Y axis. It only happens in the front 6 inches or so. It sounds like a clicking sound. Happens both directions buy louder when going back in the Y. The rest of the Y axis sound OK. Just the front 6".
Any ideas?
Trevin

Sounds like a misalignment.
Pics would be helpful.

is there a benefit to having them off? I’ll rip mine open today and shut them off, I apparently was not paying enough attention in CNC class, as that I had no clue about the 4th switch. lol

1 Like

Yes, the motors will when at idle still receive full current from the driver for the duration of the time value defined with GRBL $1 (step idle delay)

2 Likes

Thank you for the info, much obliged

The only reason to use it would be heat savings.

And it’s reduced to 30%.

Turn it off/disable it.

3 Likes

Ummmmmm guys! Remember he is on a lead screw system. And that requires way less holding torque

1 Like

Don’t you guys use nuts with pins through them?