Scrolling and panning

Anyone else lose the panning function when using shift or is it on my end? A restart did not solve.

I lost it too… was working a few weeks ago…

thx for response. I’ll stop trouble shooting.

@paulkaplan @Zach_Kaplan Any thoughts? I’m certainly not losing sleep over it but any idea as to why the “Shift” panning is no longer working on Easel…

Thanks

It’s working for me. I’m using Chrome on a mac.

What OS and browser are you using?

Chrome and Win 10 for me… I am at work right now but will confirm again tonight if its not working…

Chrome and Windows 7. I just got done running a project and it wasn’t working.

@JDM @RonSabourin I can look into this and try it out. Can you explain exactly what you are doing and what you are seeing (or not seeing!) Also:

1. Are you using a mouse or a laptop trackpad?
  2. Are you talking about the left side (2d editor) or the right side (3d preview)

So I tested on a windows 7 laptop running chrome. I tried the following with a mouse and they worked as expected.

1. (left 2d side) scroll the mouse wheel to pan up and down
  2. (left 2d side) shift + scroll the mouse wheel to pan side to side
  3. (right 3d side) scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out
  4. (right 3d side) click + drag to orbit the camera
  5. (right 3d side) shift + click + drag to pan the camera
  6. (right 3d side) right-click + drag to pan the camera

Which of those isn’t working for you (or did I miss one)?

I just came to the forums to post this same thing, mine hasn’t been working for a week or so now.
I might not actually be losing sleep over this but it is a HUGE pain in the neck for me! I’ve got buttons on my mouse set up to beCtrl and Shift so I don’t have to touch the keyboard to do any kind quick camera movements, It’s VERY convenient this way!!!

Working—(left 2d side) scroll the mouse wheel to pan up and down
NOT working—(left 2d side) shift + scroll the mouse wheel to pan side to side
Working(right 3d side) scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out
Working(right 3d side) click + drag to orbit the camera
Working(right 3d side) shift + click + drag to pan the camera
Working(right 3d side) right-click + drag to pan the camera

I am using Win 10
Chrome
Mouse Scroll wheel

When I hold Shift it acts as if I never touched the Shift. It continues to scroll up and down like when you scroll the wheel by itself.

Hopefuly you can find a fix to this Paul, we know you are the man!

Thanks @ChadShelby. I might need a mouse with buttons to test this out, I’ll take a look around the office.

Can @JDM and @RonSabourin also let me know which of those actions listed are working/not working?

I have the same results when using the actual keyboard keys while scrolling the mouse wheel as well.
Oh and if you find a mouse with extra buttons a good quick free program to remap the buttons is X-Mouse.

Hi Paul,

All work for me as you indicate with the exception of #2 below… I can’t nail down the exact date but approximately 2 weeks ago it was working fine. I could use shift + mouse wheel to move left to right (up/down on the track wheel) Mouse wheel without shift to move up and down (up/down on the track wheel)

As well ,left 2d side. Ctrl + mouse wheel allows for zoom in and out (unless you are in “edit points” mode. In which case it will only zoom in the browser page )

I use a mouse with a wheel, win 10 and chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m

1. (left 2d side) scroll the mouse wheel to pan up and down
  2. (left 2d side) shift + scroll the mouse wheel to pan side to side
  3. (right 3d side) scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out
    4.(right 3d side) click + drag to orbit the camera
  4. (right 3d side) shift + click + drag to pan the camera
  5. (right 3d side) right-click + drag to pan the camera

Hello, @paulkaplan. It is the #2 function on your list that I have lost the use of. I’m guessing sometime between 1-2 weeks ago this popped up. I’m using the same laptop and mouse that I have been using with the X-Carve since launch.

Everything else works except side to side panning. Strange.

1 Like

Hey @paulkaplan, Don’t know if it helps or even matters, but I just noticed that if you click any area where nothing is (unselect everything) you can then use the keyboard arrow keys to scroll the screen left/right and/or up/down.
I know this is probably a normal thing but I thought I would toss it out there.
Have a Merry Christmas all.

just wondering if there is any update?

Not that I have seen. I can’t figure it out.

I am having the same issue has anyone figured out what is causing this?

The function that is missing is the Shift + scroll to move horizontally