Search and Project Thumbnails

Haha no problem, I’ll bold that part. Sorry about that pretty big caveat. Maybe that default thumbnail (generic easel) should say “no preview available” or something?

2 Likes

Let me know whether you all prefer the list mode or the grid mode.

1 Like

:grinning:

2 Likes

@PhilJohnson Thanks for the tip, this is a great way to make sure you don’t inadvertently change something.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

getting better and better. Thanks Inventables.

1 Like

Awesome. When I am finished carving tonight I am going to look at this. I love it. Thanks!!

1 Like

Grid view for sure. List view typically provides additional information with the added space. Displaying the same information in the list view as grid view provides no benefit, really.

1 Like

Also, as a best practice, autosave should not occur until after something in the document has been modified (whether that be on the drawing surface or some settings.) Should be a fairly simple update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree, the list view does also provide the last modified date though.

Are you referring to how a save occurs when you rename a project to the same name (that does seem to trigger a save)? Or what?

1 Like

You are right, overlooked that! Still think Grid is better but I agree, leave both options :slight_smile:

What I mean is if i open Easel, close the file browser, and then leave Easel, it saves a document named “Untitled” in my file browser that i never did anything with in the first place.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Easel Autosave

Very very nice addition. Can you fix it so it doesn’t create a new ‘untitled’ project every time I login? I had 5 empty projects all called ‘untitled’ I had to delete to clean it up. The thumbnail feature is very nice though.

1 Like

This feature got me really excited. Being able to search and see the thumbnails is changing how I use Easel.

4 Likes

COOL!!! Thanks

1 Like

This is a Wonderful new feature! Thank you so much for taking the time to develop this new feature!

1 Like

Bonjour à tous. Superbe idée pour cette nouvelle fonction vraiment très pratique et très utile. Super gain de temps pour rechercher un ancien projet. Félicitations à toute l’équipe et surtout continuez à nous surprendre avec encore de nouvelles fonctions : exemple nouvelles polices d’écriture… etc… Encore MERCI

1 Like

I’m new to Easel. But in a week I have already accumulated 20 saved projects. It looks like your filing system, while perhaps better than it used to be, still doesn’t include folders. Did it turn out that was impossible? Everything else is a work-around. And while work-arounds can make it possible to accomplish your task, they are never as good as the right tool…folders.
Can this be re-visited?
Thanks.
Steve

This seems to have stopped working for older projects. Even duplicating a page in the project waiting for the spinny gif to become a check mark by the project name, closing the page, opening another project, clicking projects. The thumbnails do not always generate.
Is there no way to set the thumbnail to the last opened view in a bulk way? I revisit projects from years ago to see cut times, etc.