Seperate carve XY home from material zero function

As it is now, the only way to set the XY home positions of a carve is to go through the z-axis calibration procedure. (I use the z-probe). I find that I am often needing to reset the home position between carves, when I haven’t changed to tool or the material depth. Unfortunately the only way to set the XY Home is at the end of the Material zero process. I wish there was a way to keep the work zero (z-axis) position but be able to change the XY home.

I don’t know if I’m understanding what you are wanting to do, but if I’m cutting 5 things out of the same material and I’m using the same bit then I don’t have to reset the Z each time. When you get to the step instead of hitting ZProbe select the manual option and it will remember your last Z height. Then you can select last home position or new home position.

You can reset X/Y/Z individually though Machine Inspector->Console

Move the bit to the intended position, say you want to reset X for one reason or another:
In Console type ** G92 X0** and press Enter

You can also use:
In Console send G10 P0 L20 X0 Y0 Z0 and press Enter (omit any axis not required to be reset)
This will set Work Zero.

In addition, you can store several work zeroes by saving to G54-G59, syntax:

G10 P1 L20 X0 Y0 Z0 (Saves to G54)
G10 P2 L20 X0 Y0 Z0 (Saves to G55)
G10 P3 L20 X0 Y0 Z0 (Saves to G56)
G10 P4 L20 X0 Y0 Z0 (Saves to G57)
G10 P5 L20 X0 Y0 Z0 (Saves to G58)
G10 P6 L20 X0 Y0 Z0 (Saves to G59)

1 Like

I am currently using CNCjs as a sender and it gives the option to work in any of the G54-G59 locations.
That is really handy.
However if someone was using Easel and have set these other locations how do they get their carve to start there, say in G55?

Just send G55 at the start of the operation. I’m not sure if Easel includes a G54 in their gcode header. If that’s the case, the gcode would need to be edited.

I havent explored that yet myself, I do most of my designing & CAM in F360. F360 do allow for G54-59 but I havent tested it with the PP/actual gcode output.