Set up homing

When I originally set up my X-Carve I said 'No" to homing/limit switches. I now have them. How do I tell Easel?

In Easel, open Machine Inspector and type $22=1 in the Console window, followed by pressing Enter.
Restart controller and homing is enabled.

You can also write $H +Enter in the same Console window to perform a homing cycle.

1 Like

Homing now works… It homes bottom left… Is there a way to home upper left? This would make preparing material.

Thanks for the info…

Skip…

Change $23=1 (it is probably 3 now)

Make sure your switch is there to stop the gantry!

3 Likes

I set the Homing at $23=3 and it went passed the limit switch and started binding against the top and eventually stalled out, what I didn’t do or what do I need do next. I’m very new at this but determined to master it, any advice please Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey @BenjaminBrown1 The $23 setting is for the direction of the homing Travel… . .
I suggest opening the Machine Inspector Page within Easel (Press Ctrl+Shift+D to open this page)
There you will see the limit switches live and you can manually press the switches to verify that they work properly and for their correct axis…
IF these indicate correctly when pressed by hand, then in the “console” are of that page enter and send the command : $H this will home the machine while you can watch those limit switch indicators to verify that the CNC presses the switches during homing…

Ohh one question though,… is your cnc by chance a newer X-Carve with the Z axis with the linear rail?? IF it is, then you’ll need to adjust the TAB of the Z limit switch or else the Z will hit a physical limit of travel just before pressing the limit switch enough to trigger the switch… it looks pressed, but it’s just barely not pressed enough. . .

Thanks Seth, that took care of the problem, haven’t worked with it in a while but I am well and ok back in commission again

1 Like