*sizes for carving

may someone kindly tell/show me where do i enter the size of my material, size of the shape or text and position it on the material.

what king of milling bits were used on this carving?
http://i67.tinypic.com/308v91d.jpg

Most Likely this is a Text built SVG made in Photoshop or Inkscape sized to fit on a x" x y" plaque then import into Easle or Vcarve and text was done using a V Bit, the shape was possibly an SVG as well, most likely the routed edge was done after.

1 Like

@PhilJohnson I was reading your post about needing F Engrave to do the letters. I am a newbie at this and in the learning stages. Can Easel not make the lettering? I see that you can add text in Easel but wondering the difference where F Engrave is needed? Thank you for your time!

did you also get the collet adapter for the 1/8" shank bits?
are you using dewalt 611?

which one here for the dewalt 611?

1 Like

phil aka x-carve answer man, hope you dont mind me calling you name i.e. take it as a compliment.
my next question is the same as the previous ones i asked i just want to make sure; kindly walk me through the set-up
on easel once again.

easel-1 ---- material dimensions=would be the material measurements; what do i need to enter under cut the depth of the carve. why is it even i entered my depth it carved deeper than what i programmed?

easel-2 ---- what do i enter for the x and y position? for the size that would be the size of my carve?

phil, i would surely appreciate when all my inquiries here be answered. i hope you dont mind my Q and A with you.

1 Like

phil, kindly look again at my settings and analyze the results on the picture.

a-

b-

result- i used a 1/8" ball nose end bit on this.
what caused the chip between G and e & L and i? you think if i use a 20deg. v-bit this wouldnt happen?

im saving your answers for my notes.
btw i have the v-carve pro software and been watching the videos.
so, it is best to use v-bit for letters/text then. ill be ordering the 10deg & 20deg v-bits on amazon as well as the 1/8" collet for dewalt 611 from elaire. kindly show more of your carvings here.
what is the 1/8" ball nose end bit good for?

im here in so.cal. inland empire and i’m originally from manila philippines.
whats your location there, phil?

1 Like

Get yourself a good 60 degree vbit, For most text it will be tool you use most.

1 Like

they all look marvelous. did you use x-carve to cut the round face clock? what bit did you use?
where did you get that attachment for the vacuum?
are these bits any good?
http://www.amazon.com/3-175mm-Degree-Carbide-Engraving-Router/dp/B00OPZL9LK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1464114628&sr=8-4&keywords=20+degrees+milling+bits

thanx

are these also good?

phil,

*kindly show me step by step how you did the nicole wagner carving; the bit and settings you used.
also the daniel logo carving i already have the vbits(pointed vbits and the 60 & 90 vbits) and the 1/32 & 1/16 ball end bits.

whats wrong with my settings in this picture? ill be using a 1/16 ball end bit. what must i do to fill in all gray areas with blue?

here’s the 1st one i did before the picture above this.