Smooth edges on PVC signs

Hello- I have been trying to get smooth edges on soft material so there is not a lot of sanding. I’ve used all different settings, bits etc. Best so far is the black ringed 1/8" straight single flute at feed 40, depth 12 and plunge .05 Gantry and belts are properly tightened on my almost new 1000mm XCarve with Easel Pro drivers updated. I’ve also tried using the circles in easel to make sure its not my .DXF file with same results. also happens on the straight portions but not as prevalent.

1 Like

Joe,

try this cutter, it will leave a cleaner cut in the end

[HOZLY 3.175X2X12mm Left Hand Single Flute Downcut Spiral Bits High Efficiency Cutting Wood Acrylic Aluminum Plastic Plate Pack of 5: Amazon.com: Tools & Home Improvement](https://www.amazon.com/HOZLY-3-175X2X12mm-Downcut-Efficiency-Aluminum/dp/B073TXC45Z/ref=sr_1_4?
crid=2FQY426KDIJ6R&keywords=0+flute+downcut&qid=1659390749&sprefix=0+flute+downcut%2Caps%2C113&sr=8-4)

1 Like

I have tried a Single Flute Downcut Spiral with the same results. Is there something about those bits that are different than what Inventable sells?

2 Likes

yeah, 5 for $15.00 if you have prime. shipping is sorta free

1 Like

Joe ,
Also increase feed rate to 60 > 85

2 Likes

Those vertical lines are most likely a result of the stepper resolution. Not much you can do about that. You could try hand routing with a flush trim bit off the machine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.