[Solved] X carve stopped in the middle of a carve after 10 sucessful carves, now pc wont connect to com3

X carve stopped in the middle of a carve after 10 sucessful carves, now pc wont connect to com3
Any help would be appreciated.

@ClayWarrek are you using limit switches?

If so can you try one manually zeroing and see if it works?

Make sure you plug the USB cable into the same port on your computer each time. If you plug it into a different USB port Windows will assign the Arduino a new COM port number. You can check the number if you open “Computer Management” and look in the “Device Manager” section. Then look under “COM Ports”.

sounds like the gshield is becoming unseated from the arduino beneath it. I would open up the enclosure and re-seat the gshield in there and then see what happens.

also: once you get the gshield off of the arduino, try plugging it into your USB and see if it shows up then. this will tell you (before getting the gshield back in there) if it is an issue with the gshield not being properly mated with the arduino.

Thanks guys I appreciate the fast support, I unplugged the g shield and re plugged it in again and then uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled to make sure everything was good on the software end and its back up and running. Thanks so much for the help, The fact that I can get someone helping me out this quick is awesome. Thanks again guys.

1 Like