Soundproof enclosure?

Sorry I didn’t sketch any drawings, I combined different ideas from forum and youtube I saw. If you follow same basic concept you can custom to your space and application. Good luck.

1 Like

Basic 16"on center studs, drywall, and rock wool. The end result looks very clean.

1 Like

While I think that most of the noise will be attenuated by the wood cabinet enclosure I will be building, I’m considering using acoustic ceiling tiles on the inside of the enclosure if I find the noise to be an issue. They are relatively thin and I think that the performance is pretty good when used in suspended ceilings. This possibility will be included in my design.

One thing I did not see mentioned here is the impact of large windows in the design. Unless they have two panes, they could transmit a significant portion of the noise from the router but I’m more concerned with the noise and performance of the dust collection system. Having a shopvac inside a cabinet will reduce the noise but the exhaust needs to be planned carefully to keep the noise inside and reduce the chance of overheating the shopvac motor.

Thank You!

Thanks, I believe is a good idea, I saw, that towels are a very good idea to isolate noise.

Miguel the final outside dimensions are 32"wide by 63" length and 96" height. I’ll attach some more photos to show constraints of keeping both garage bays open for future. Using 5/8 drywall is key in keeping noise down and I also hung some moving blankets to dampen the sound as well, saw some else use that trick.
I talked to Grizzly techs for advise on ventilation and heating parameters for DC motor, and with the photos I sent them they said this cabinet would be fine. I also have a internal temp gauge monitoring inside the cabinet. I have run DC for hours w/o any issues of overheating. Of course I have tested the air flow to ensure safety.IMG_5286IMG_5332

2 Likes

Luc, I also at first thought the CNC enclosure windows would transmit the router sound a lot, but to my surprise it really does not. I can stand outside and next to CNC enclosure and have a conversation with someone. The dust performance is awesome, and because this is not an air tight enclosure air flow keeps temps at same as outside. Of course I have a central DC and a shopvac inside would change the sound output. Good luck, any enclosure is still a great benefit in noise and dust reduction.

1 Like

Thanks

Armando,
You have a very nice set up.

Respect Armando, what an order and clean, is everything! Thank You

I give thanks to all the ideas I’ve combined from the forum and youtube, so I like to just pass it forward. Thanks.