Source for Dust Shoe Hose End

I am making a modified version of the Inventables dust shoe, but cannot locate a source for the end that is bonded to the shoe that the hose screws into. Although normally very helpful, Inventables will not give me a manufacturers part number and will not sell me just that individual piece. The GrabCad drawing # 820-00006 says that it is made by Plastiflex, but then only has an Inventable part number with it. I already have all of the other parts made, this is the last piece of the puzzle that I need.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Brian Norris

google “Plastiflex hose ends”

Googling what you suggested doesn’t return anything even remotely close to what I am looking for. It is properly called a hose cuff or hose adapter by the way. It appears that it is common in pool cleaning equipment, but the ones that Inventables uses that is made by Plastiflex are conductive, which I prefer to have.

Have you searched Amazon? I did a search there and got several hits using the search “conductive hose cuff”. Not sure of size for I’m not near my x-carve to check, but the search could lead to a different manufacturer.

1 Like

Mike, great job. Not sure why I didn’t think to add “conductive” to my search, but it looks like that did it. I think they they refer to the ID of the hose, so the existing one would be 1.5"

Thanks again !

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad I could help a tiny bit.

I work in the Janitorial industry. The cuff is a standard vacuum cuff. Most come with swivel (as shown) where the Inventables one does not. It’s 1-1/2id on the small end, x 1-7/8id on the large end. Available at any pool or vacuum store for prolly $6.00 Hope this helped.