Source for .SVG files to download

Looking for a source for .SVG files to use in Easel Pro. Specifically looking for alphabet letters, numbers, simple animal shapes etc for use on children’s building blocks for my first grandchild. Web site “etsy” seems to have many but users complain about functionality. Trial and error is an option for me but even at $2-3 a file the time to find a usable source is what I’m hoping to save by asking in this forum.
Thanks;
Ed

• Download and install Inkscape
  • Find an online image / silouette of what you seek for
  • Trace this image in Inkscape (function is Trace Bitmap)
  • Export the part you want as an SVG

Import this SVG directly into Easel.

1 Like

did you try the clip art library in Easel? Find a font in the font Library you like and use those.

Welcome to the forum

Hoping to find something already made that will work for me. Don’t mind a cost as long as it works. Also in this time in my life I don’t want to learn a new program.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Ed

Used that quite a bit over the past month or so with good success on other projects. The letters on a kids block are typically inside a box and the material around the letter is routed out to the inside edge of the box. Haven’t found a way to use the stock fonts to do that in Easel Pro. See attached picture for a sample of what I’d like to try.

Thanks;
Ed

1 Like

Like this?

https://easel.inventables.com/projects/irmHVUW_1f_LWH3ybMULyA

3 Likes

EXACTLY like that! So simple, I am embarrassed to say I didn’t think to set anything to a zero cut depth. All within Easel Pro too.

Thanks;
Ed

1 Like

Edward, I swear to you that if you can run an X-Carve machine at all, you can figure out the basics of Inkscape. I’m planning to keep teaching woodworking and STEM until I’m 85 and my only hope is to make sure that I can keep showing these 11 to 13 year-olds, and their college siblings, that I can run a computer just as well as they do (though I draw a line at Twitagramsnap). Look, I even know how to put in an emoji :grin:. Cheers!

:crazy_face:
Love your comments. Maybe I’m just a bit lazy to spend the time learning a new program.
A previous contributor showed me how to use Easel Pro to do what I was looking for.
Thanks;
Ed

Have you looked at all the designs in our new Pro Design Library? There is a pretty good chance you’ll find something close to what you are looking for.

1 Like

Thanks. An earlier comment above pretty much showed me what to do.
Ed

2 Likes

try this Free Farmhouse Alphabet SVG Cut Files – Cricut & Silhouette (thedesignhippo.com)TDHS048FarmhouseAlphabet.zip (8.6 MB)