Spindle control test button

Hi

I’ve setup automatic spindle control for my DWP611 on my x-carve controller, and the IOT relay Controllable Four Outlet Power Relay Module version 2 [(Power Switch Tail Alternative)] : ID 2935 : $39.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits.

On first use it was great - worked like a charm. Second time around it didn’t work, so I rebooted my controller, and removed and re-added spindle control in Easel. Then it worked.

3rd time around, dead again. Other x-carve functions work fine. On checking with the multimeter, the browser/computer is not sending the signal the x-carve controller to turn on the spindle relay.

I believe I have a workflow issue, and if I restart my computer/browser between cuts it works fine.

Getting to the feature request:

It would be good to have a spindle control test button so I can check to see that it is working correctly before I get through the carve menus, homing, z-probe etc.

Thanks

1 Like

I believe that sending code m3 will start spindle and m5 will shut it off.

1 Like

Thanks Mark - appreciate that and will try it. A button would be great though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make sure all of your unused (setup with the wrong spindle control settings) have all been deleted from that dropdown menu.

It may be refreshing to a wrong selection, one with the incorrect spindle setting :man_shrugging: (youll have to unlplug usb to select the.other machines and then go to “edit machine” in order to delete them.

1 Like

Thanks Seth - I’m only showing one machine but I may delete and re-set it up to ensure I’m not suffering from any legacy / cache issues.

1 Like