Spindle not starting with UGS [Solved]

Definitely UGS… I just ran the exact same gcode file with SourceRabbit and it powered off like it is supposed to.

My next question is: lots of others seem to have no problems with UGS, so what is different with me?

It does the same on both the platform and java versions.

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier, I also thought this was a post processor and Larry/Phil were already helping out with that.

I’m pretty sure this is caused by M5 accidentally being added to UGS’ exclusion list, you can fix it by following the steps here: Help - UGS

4 Likes

Thanks Will, I’ll check that out. I went browsing thru UGS and saw the exclusion list, but it didn’t catch my eye. I’ll bet that is it.

Update…

My problem is solved, but I’m not quite sure what fixed it. I downloaded the latest build of UGS which at the time was the 12/7 version. My test file did not work with it. Then I moved on to getting to getting my limit switches set up. I went thru Easel a few times trying to get it going (that’s when I realized I didn’t have the bolts to activate the X & Y switches). In doing the config, I told it I had an automagic spindle (which worked when I tested it). Since that time, UGS has worked. I’m guessing it set something in my firmware that UGS is recognizing? This stuff is black magic sometimes. lol