Stacked Fab Examples

@ShaneBell and @SteveMilby introduced me to some serious stack fab example projects that were well beyond any toy models I had ever seen. These blew my mind. Has anyone else seen or made stack fab projects? If so please post pics below.

BF5A7162-7A39-4317-BAAC-AB80C6E37208-1971-000003FAA9738E2AE940F282-FA89-4139-9ADF-B1F39F32EA5B-1971-000003FAADC7DEBCB17A1ECB-4C10-4392-8439-FA3CEC76723B-1971-000003FAB8F9B43A

7D058550-4E80-42EE-AAFA-907A0310C81F-1971-000003FABBB9322B

4 Likes

Not my project, but this was a major inspiration to me and worth the attention. It is a work of art, the the sound quality is really up there. Stereo speakers following a Line Array setup using 25 identical drivers per cabinet.

stacked

Loooooong thread covering the entire pre-fabrication stage, tuning and tweaking - and using:

Actually this is not a CNC project but the builder used a palm router and templates…

3 Likes

5 Likes
5 Likes

@MichaelMills that DECARLO sign is sick! I like the music too.

Are you in that band?

@Zach_Kaplan
Idk if anyone remembers these signs but this was one of the first things I cut on my X-carve lol :star_struck::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::pie::beers::rocket:

and uses a stacked design made from mdf

8 Likes

we made a few life size mannequins using this method out of cardboard in college I got to find some pictures. The down side was we cut each layer by hand.

1 Like

this sort of thing is on my list of things to do, the decarlo sign is fantastic

I make my Jedi light-sabers that way

4 Likes

Zaks new computer station! Haha!

3 Likes

just imagine how many sheets of wood go into something like that

those larger designs are just insanely expensive to do lol

And heavy

1 Like

Tommy Decarlo, the singer of Boston, is a friend of mine. I surprised them with this sign at my annual halloween party.

1 Like

That desk is awesome. Looks like I need to order some plywood.

@MichaelMills was that Tommy Decarlo in the video you sent? That’s pretty cool. I guess I’m showing my age. He’s like a cult hero because of the whole Brad Delp thing. Wow.

I have watched that video Several times

Not stacked but tiled :

Small model test of material, one larger version with 4 tiles above (unpainted)
60deg V-bit using Easel Pro with 10mm HDU sheeting.

3 Likes

That’s cool. What software did you use to tile it?

All done in Easel (Design) and Easel Pro (V-carve image) 4 rectangles just placed around as seen fit and spaced equally horizontally and offset in height.
First they were placed by eye then I went in and edited the X/Y positions to equal offset values :slight_smile:
I had 9 workpieces in this project, one master and four for V-carve design and another four for straight cutting the tiles.

Don’t forget the spiral staircase up to the loft…

3 Likes

Or the bench outside of the office…

3 Likes