Steve's Projects

do you have vcarve pro?

Vcarve Desktop is what I have. It works well

@PhillipLunsford This can be done in Inkscape pretty easily as well. All free.

That’s a good point. Have not tried it in Inkscape. Good idea! Thanks

Phil I use the off setter app, works perfectly every time, Sorry I thought I responded already on this, Steve

A few projects I have been working on. Cut the Falcon 3 times before I got it correct, first time that has happened. The 60" flag is 70yr old yellow pine out of the walls of a house I remodeled for my daughter, I still need to assemble and carve its stars. That would is incredible, the grain is tight, very dense wood. I tried burning a sample piece and the sap bubbled out of it, so I abandoned that idea, would have been nice to get the contrast out of the burning. Still should come out very nice though.The colored flags are made out of some wood I found at home depot, very clear clean pine and it has these small ridges in it that I torched. Those came out very nice.

IMG_5037
IMG_5038
IMG_5039
IMG_5035

7 Likes

You are a busy man. Awesome work

1 Like

Falcon lioka really cool … how do you plan to finish it?

My tip to you on the flags… assemble the union section first… then cut the stars and assemble the rest of the stripes. that way IF something happens you are not wrecking an entire flag, just half of one.

(Guess how I learned that lesson)

they look great

I have done it both ways, on this one I didn’t want to interrupt the grain pattern, always makes me nervous when i set thee up to carve!

Like this

6 Likes

Beautiful job Steve!

Outstanding.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. yeah don’t cut the union out. just take those stripes that include the union and glue them up first.

Knocked out some scent training boxes this morning for Bullet Proof Dog Training

IMG_5052

4 Likes

Cool. My new shepherd is going to be good at sents. Going to be good to train her

1 Like

Cut two of the lieutenant ones, the big flag (5’) is 70+ year old pine that was buried in the walls of my daughters house it was protecting a pocket door.

IMG_5134
IMG_5133

5 Likes

Nice work.

As always…GREAT work and inspiration!

A few new ones

7 Likes