Steve's Projects

Great work as usual, you’re an inspiration to all of us.

1 Like

@PhillipLunsford

Here you go let me know if you have an issue, it is on a work piece did several at one time for this lady

@PhillipLunsford
@NicShimala

Purchased the Scout pieces off Etsy and they were a train wreck took a bit of work and rebuilding but came out descent.

Thanks Russel! maybe I can find them crawdads while i am in the Keys this weekend!

1 Like

There a couple of good Facebook groups that post a lot of free files, you need to check them everyday as I think some are limited time only. I create a lot of them within the limitations of Easel. Although I like easel and have figured out how to do everything I want to do using it. But also get starting points from Etsy and Facebook. Abut 50% of the Etsy files are crap if you buy the cheap ones. The ones from the more reputable groups that are doing metal and CNC work are good.

The Beer Sign was on Free CNC Art Files.

The Cincinnati one I finally found on line but it was too complicated for Easel as it was made to look old and rustic. . I took a picture of the sign (it was hanging in First Watch restaurant). I sent the picture to a guy I use and he created me an SVG file of it for $20. He is in Pakistan when complete he sends pics for approval or modifications if needed then I pay-pall him typically $20 to $25 depending on what he quotes and after payment he sends you 4 or 5 file types to work with his name is Salman Shakil Profile pic is blue shirt with sunglasses. He has done 2 police badges, Cincinnati and the Airforce Intelligence logo for me.

And yes Oramask and Paint

Facebook
Free CNC Art Files
CNC for Beginners
CNC Tips Tricks and Project Finishing

Hope this helps. Steve

3 Likes

They looked great in the end. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Ummm, Wow!! Steve you have done some really nice stuff!! Keep it up!

1 Like

A few new ones still need to final touches on the Mini Flag

IMG_6038

7 Likes

Looks great as usual

1 Like

Hey everyone I just brought a x carve. And I am loving everything about it. Since I’m a graphic designer it is easy to turn ideas into a finish product. Will post some of my projects soon.

Also if anyone needs custom svg files made. I totally can get them done for you no problem. Just message me or email me at Jayssupplyco@gmail.com names Joshua.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community.
However you just hijacked Steve’s thread.
Suggest you start your own when you have projects to post.

2 Likes

Lol never said I would post my projects under him. I simply said I would post some of my projects soon. And that I can make custom svg files to anyone that needs it.

I didn’t like the mini one so I added some paint! much better now

IMG_6063

9 Likes

I like it with the paint :grinning:

1 Like

Steve,

Did you mask off the flag design or is that an inlay? Awesome work!

No inlay just paint

Burned wood
Carved Design
Several coats of clear coat
Painted/brushed in the logo with Acrylic craft paints. The excess wipes off the surface easily with a damp rag pulled tight over your finger.

Hope that helps Steve

3 Likes

What did you use to mask off the non burnt flag? Oramask wouldn’t stand up to the heat would it?

That’s carved away.

1 Like

Thank you. I see it now. I couldn’t even tell there was a hight difference.

1 Like

what Neal said depth of the flag portion and logo around mini is .05. The actual word MINI is deep to get full depth with V bit