IMG_6319
58739162646__B4B1285A-B669-48F1-A73B-6631813D3842
IMG_6318
IMG_6316
IMG_6317

IMG_6283

6 Likes

Steve,

Great work! What material to you use on the Gibson sign? Is that birch plywood? Thanks!

That one I cut a couple months ago, i forgot to post a pic of it, it is MDF, but now I cut all my monograms out of 1/4" PVC. Much easier. Spray the surface whatever color you want before you carve it. Cut the tabs off and you are done. No sanding and trying to paint the damn edges.

3 Likes

Did you solve your oramask fraying issues? I am having the same problem

Did you use a down cut bit? An up cut bit tends to lift the Oramask.

As long as I use V-bit, down cut or the two flute straight I don’t have any issues.

A few new ones

IMG_6395

6 Likes

I am trying to stretch my techniques. Did you spray the panel first with the black paint, then oramask carve and paint the orange then remove oramask?

Excellent work as usual Steve. The Gun Calendar looks awesome. :+1:

1 Like

Eric,
I will answer that question because I asked Steve how he did it. Engraved the gun calendar first, Then “painted the copper and brushed in the black acrylic paint then wiped off the black with a damp rag wrapped around a piece of wood”.

2 Likes

Like Russel explained you will have a last chance after it is 100% dry you can repeat with damp rag or a rag lightly dampened with mineral spirits in the same way if you missed anything. The trick is to figure out how many raps of rag around the wood and wrap it tight! I buy bags of rags at Lowes they look like white t-shirt scraps. once you figure it out it is easy to do

1 Like

Glad to see the finished project, I know how much time you invest in each of these and it is very nice to see them all together. As always your work is very impressive!

Steve,
What font is the large G in the Gibson wall-hanger? I like that look and it would work for me.

i sent you a message with the link to my file I believe I bought them off etsy for $2

Are you able to share the file or link for that gun logo calendar?

5 Likes

@SteveMoloney Did you carve the gun calendar on the PVC?

Nope MDF, how is Phil doing these days?

1 Like

@SteveMoloney. Doing well. My YouTube channel is going crazy. Growing fast, I’m doing projects both on the XCarve and other projects as well. I see you are still doing amazing projects.

1 Like

thanks! I have been watching the videos but my Ipad is old enough I cant update anything and now the version that is on it for youtube I cant see the comments or respond anymore.

1 Like