Steve's Projects

Russel I used Minwax stains.

1 Like

Thanks. I have a Lowe’s fairly close (don’t we all). I’ll check em out.

As always an outstanding work! You continue to be my standard for the future. The learning curve is leveling off and I’m starting to feel more comfortable but I’m no where near your level yet. Thanks for sharing your work!

1 Like

Thanks Rudy!

A few projects

IMG_6787

3 Likes

Ok got to ask what are you doing with the table and it is covering up the view of the truck.

3 Likes

Love the flag!! Also, I know its not the correct forum, but more info on that truck would be nice :slight_smile:

I replaced the engine and all the systems on it, 235 out of a 1954 car, 355 gear in the rear, still three on the tree. Front disk brakes, 12 volt. Front axle sent to Nostalgic Sids stretched 4" and one leaf removed. 3" blocks in the rear to lower it. Only piece of sheet metal not original to the truck is the running board on the drivers side. Paint job I figure is at least 35yrs old. This winter Fulton Sun Visor paint the interior and roof of the cab. Next winter the rest of the truck will be painted. It sat in a basement for 28yrs before I got it 6yrs ago. NC farm truck.

It is a driver I use it. I refuse to own a trailer queen. Will be painted in a 81 corvette metallic blue or gun metal gray with a satin finish.

The bed will be done something similar to this

Cheers! Steve

7 Likes

A guy I work with wanted a big gaming table to play Dungeons and Dragons and a couple of other games they play. 61" x 61" 1-1/2" thick MDF. I glued two pieces of MDF together. I have a place here in Cincinnati I can buy over sized plywood at. $34 a sheet plus tax.Video shared of truck.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I am a sucker classic cars. I like your plans for the paint job, I love metallic blue.

Truck is awesome… current projects looking good as always. I especially like the Mickey

Can you share your OHIO state football files

can you share your Falcon files with me?

Finished up a few and made some more over the last two days

IMG_6874
IMG_6846
IMG_6878
IMG_6845
IMG_6844
IMG_6875
IMG_6876

9 Likes

Wow Steve, these look great!

1 Like

Love the Charlie Brown and snowman

1 Like

The football plaques would have been a good combination project for your laser and the x carve. I flipped them over and did the recess for the glass as well.

What wattage is your laser? and how long did it take to run the police badge? I am assuming the design part of light burn software is similar to easel when it comes to importing files and altering them?

Thanks for the comments and info Phil!

Good old Etsy for those. I added the bird!

Love that Charlie Brown Steve! Very inspiring. Is that PVC? Would you mind explaining your painting process on it? I’m really trying to improve how I paint and this sign looks awesome! Its hard to tell but I’m going to guess you sprayed black, masked and then carved everything else? Then hand painted and removed the mask? Am I close? :smile:

It took about 3 hours to engrave. I have the 7 watt laser

1 Like