Steve's Projects

As always these look amazing Steve. Well done.

How big are the flags you make?

You are correct spray paint, mask, carve then brush in with acrylic paints some paint colors cover better than others almost all of them took 2 coats several took 3. Then peel up the Oramask

Thanks!

Various sizes, the recent ones pictured are 37, 24, 48 fly. I have made two larger ones 60" and 84"

Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome thanks! Are you using everyday hobby store acrylic paints? How big is the Charlie Brown and let it snow signs?

I also love the Charlie Brown one, that is awesome.
Great job!!!

1 Like

CB is 18"x22" yes hobby store paints some colors cover better than others so several coats are needed. After that one was done a rattle canned a coat of clear gloss over it.

I try and get my base coat on the PVC in one spraying. I have tried in the past to put a second coat down and i have had a couple projects the propellant in the paint has gotten though and caused the original paint to bubble up.

1 Like

Thanks Steve! Great information!

1 Like

Sometimes fire fixes everything! I used @RussellCrawfords file and set it up with Easel Pro Fonts. I will try a differant bit next time so I don’t get the tear out.

IMG_7007

5 Likes

Nice job Steve. Did you just take a torch to that and then poly it?

1 Like

I like using the torch sometimes too.

6 Likes

Yes sanded it some after torching as well before the poly

1 Like

Delivering this one today

9 Likes

Great work, as always. You continue to impress and inspire!

1 Like

I like what you did there!! The textured background works great!

1 Like

That is the topography setting in the Texture APP

2 Likes

I need to give that Texture App a try. :grinning:

I need to play with it some more, it has a ton of settings and the bit makes a drastic difference

3 Likes

Looks great Steve as usual. I really wish Easel could do the texture at the bottom of a pocket.

@EthanKinney
Maybe Ethan can help us he created it.

Ethan we two questions. Can you help me understand what all the settings do and how the different v-bits affect it AND is there a way to carve a texture in the bottom of the pocket using the APP?

@SteveMoloney

Most of the settings descriptions can be found here: New App - Texture Generator
In order to texture at the bottom of a pocket you will want to adjust the source depth and the texture depth.

Let me know if you have further questions.

1 Like