Steve's Projects

That method using the MDF looks great

1 Like

5 Likes

What material did you used for this?

PVC on the infinity loop

2 Likes

That’s the one that I was referring to, thanks Steve!

IMG_7886

4 Likes

Went to donate platelets as I do every other week and showed the site manager a picture of the framed flag, she bought it, I dropped it off later that day and got an order for another one. Typically when I make a flag I get another order generated from it. The color combination on it came out really nice one of my favorites to date.

IMG_7905
IMG_7901

10 Likes

Nicely done! I really like the framed flag!

@SteveMoloney Those flags look great. What color did you use for the framed flag?

Red stripes I put Ebony stain on then immediately removed it, let it dry for an hour then put the red on it.
White stripes I put light grey stain on then immediately removed it, let it dry for an hour then put the white stain on it.
Union I put Ebony stain on then immediately removed it, let it dry for an hour then put the blue on it.

All Minwax

Gave it a nice deep rich color, the picture doesn’t do it justice.

3 Likes

@SteveMoloney. Thank you. The colors looks great

1 Like

As always Steve, you hit it out of the park. Great piece.

1 Like

So I have been busy, I have made three of the new design framed flags as well as some various other projects. I tested the eagle in pine, I spent a good bit of time making it a layered file. Before I cut it again some of the details in the eagle need fattened up or removed.

IMG_7975
IMG_7932
IMG_7940

7 Likes

Current situation, a friend is building a c-10 chevy square body. He wants to cover the holes under the hood with carbon fiber. He brings me a .04 x 24" x 48" piece. He paid $250 for it. Talk about nervous! We taped off the areas with masking tape and marked them up. I then proceeded to draw them in Easel. Had all of them by the third try in MDF, needed to make minor changes to them all went well with the ones with the angles, one of them took one modification to the length, the crazy one was 2 rounds of minor adjustments. I cut two if the strips yesterday they came out good. Will do the big sheet today!

IMG_7990
IMG_7995

IMG_7994

6 Likes

Sweet truck…

3 Likes

Nice work Steve. That motor fits in there better then the original.

2 Likes

And the finished pieces

IMG_8005

6 Likes

I like the way you did the eagle over the flag, great idea.
Russell

2 Likes

How did the carbon fiber cut?
They came out great, how are you going to install them on the truck?
Please take and post pictures when they’re installed.
Russell

1 Like

Carbon fiber cut good i used a diamond pattern 1/8" bit, used ca glue and tape to attach it to the spoil board. I suggested rivets to keep it clean look. I have 6 more pieces to cut today, he found a few more areas he wants to cover up. Came out nice.

6 Likes