IMG_1818
IMG_1817
IMG_1820
IMG_1819
IMG_1821
IMG_1690

6 Likes

That desk looks great!!
When you’re using the router to plane the wood does it create a lot of dust around the shop
or is it mainly sawdust and or wood shavings.
It looks like the wood surface comes out smooth using the set up you have.
Thanks
Russell

1 Like

Yeah it throws chips and dust everywhere, some day I will remake the router plate and attach it to my dust collector. Surface is smooth the walnut on the bed I made was smoother than the sweet gum on the desk. The desk took a bit more sanding, BUT next project I will rotate the knives in the router head they may have contributed.

1 Like

Couple new ones, I used one of the growth charts in the project section and turned it into a puzzle. I added our name and crest at the top. These where built in Easel cut on my Glowforge. Ashely Williams on one of the facebook groups created the river rat file for me.

287247093_427691422509513_4648354564872453581_n

6 Likes

very nice

1 Like

Easel, X carve and Glowforge with some image trace in Inkscape.

IMG_1940
IMG_1947

8 Likes

Steve, great job,

2 Likes

A few new ones

7 Likes

Great job yet again, I really dig the Indian Motorcycles sign

1 Like

IMG_2011
IMG_2014
IMG_2012

6 Likes

Is the blue one your truck? :flushed:

great job!! Steve keep up the great designs :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yes sir!

2 Likes

Some new ones

IMG_2031

IMG_2115

8 Likes

I’ve been wondering if you can go higher then the .0625 for the depth per pass with 1/8 bits. Thanks for the tip :muscle:t3:

ON PVC I run 100ipm at a depth of .1. Router on 1, I have some upgrades and made my machine more ridged. On the last couple PVC projects I have done the profile cuts at full depth (.27) in one pass using a compression bit on one and the Inventables two flute straight bit on the other (Cozy Cottage). Its all in how well you know your machine and how much time you have done dialing it in.

3 Likes

Steve,
These projects are beautiful.
Saw the one of the flag with Iwo monument and thought I’d share a couple marine ones I did.
Now I’m just a beginner at this so take that in mind when you see them.

First one is a catchall tray I did for the commandant of our Marine Corps League detachment.
second shows the bottom edging.
Next my first attempt at 3D carving, for a first try I think it came out nice.
Lastly, a live edge plaque I did for my nieces memorial service.

Please comment and let me know what you think.

5 Likes

THANKS! All your look great!. Certainly looks like you are well on your way to enjoying your hobby /machine. I haven’t done much 3d stuff. Hopefully this winter I can get time to tinker some more. I try to stay out of the shop when its nice outside.

2 Likes

@WilliamPorter1 how did you do the carve on the catch all tray? Did you do the mass carving then reset and do the detailed? I love how it turned out. I am on an army base with multiple armed forces, and this would be great gifts.

Thanks,
Todd

1 Like