Steve's Projects

Was this carved using the pvc or hdpe

@PhillipLunsford PVC, Painted it black, Oramask, Carved. Sprayed with silver. It took a lot to get it to carve correct. I had to select all then set the cut to fill. After that had to go back through and selectively clean it up setting various elements to a depth of zero cut. I got this file in three or four different places on the WEB. Not a single one would carve straight out like the images everyone was posting.

I tried this 6 or 8 times in the past with no success Easel would just freezed up. Not sure if Inventables changed something OR if it is the new laptop I got. In the past I had tried two different computers with no success.

Going to try again in the near future on MDF. It took 7 hrs to run the detail pass alone and I had it jacked up to 100/100/.1 for my settings. I had increased the speed on screen to 200%. It estimated it at 1:30 minutes at the settings i put in. Easel pro is not real accurate on any carve it estimates. This one was the farthest off I have seen BUT tons of detail in it.

4 Likes

All of your projects look great, but i just HAD to copy the welcome sign.

7 Likes

Looks good!

steve are you doing your pvc signs with 1/2" material?

I use both 1/4" and 1/2" depends on the sign.

1 Like

First time carving in PVC, it worked good. I received my x-carve about 2 months ago so I’m just getting started. I love all your work using the PVC. Keep up the good work

7 Likes

Hi Russell

That looks awesome great job.

I ordered an x carve 1000mm last week and can’t wait to get started I have so many projects I want to try out and this has just added another to list.

1 Like

Hi Steve

Turned out great. I have the SVG for the marvel one just need my x carve to arrive now.

2 Likes

Sign looks good it is quite addicting, I have the marvel one and the Hogwarts crest ready to go when i get some more time.

2 Likes

Awesome, post pictures when you’re done. Can’t wait to see them. Good Luck
Russell

Hi Mike,
Thank you, I’m sure you will enjoy your new XCarve. I have learned a lot from reading the forums and some of the projects that people do are very inspiring. Good luck with your new machine.
Thanks
Russell

A few new projects!
IMG_4228

9 Likes

As always, looks awesome!!

Are thes pvc also? If so, did you stain them?

These look like wood.

Are these designed in easel??

Steve,

Like Phillip said these are another awesome creation! Keep up the great work and keep these pics coming!

Any chance of a start to finish video on one that you paint?

Thanks!

Another fantastic project.

Probably need to get a camera and learn, I am getting requests to make a video on power carving my wavy flags as well. Maybe someday.