Still cannot connect easel

I think it’s more likely the easel local is having difficulty with the usb/serial driver as everything else picks it up no problem, and many other xyz users connect no problem, and in the forum there are others that have had this odd issue with win 10 and easel, yet people with same hardware have no issue.

Use the web based easel programme and go through the machine set up process

That’s the bit it does not connect to.
I cannot set up machine, easel cannot connect to the machine. So I cannot ‘complete’ machine setup

Hi Michael - have you reached out to our Customer Success team yet?

Email: help@inventables.com
Phone: 312-775-7009

I am is the same situation. I can connect to everything but easel. I bought a cheap china 3018 to learn on. I see the videos of folks on YouTube connecting to easel without issue. Installed the proper drivers. I’d like to experiment but the fact that I cannot connect is frustrating

not sure what controller your using had same problem,had openbuilts controller open the same time deleted openbuilts then worked fine,but untill you find your problem,turn your controller off and unplug your usb cable,then turn it back on and the usb cable it work for me untill I fixed the problem,using openbuilts blackbox controller,hope that helps

Highly recommend the support team. I am a very experienced CNC user and when I had a mystery (I have an original 2015 model so a few quirks) they got me up and running super quick with something I hadn’t even thought of. I mean the forum is a great resource and many of the folks on here are insanely talented but you’ve reached the “talk to the guys who make the hardware” point in the debugging cycle. Inventables has famously high quality support.

1 Like

Not sure if this helps but there is a troubleshooting button i found on the top of the page and it allows you to select a port. Once i did that it just started to work

I was having the same issue. 3018 CNC would work with Candle and Universal Gcode Sender but not with Easel. I was having a hard time finding where to manually set the com port number. It doesn’t show up under help/troubleshooting. When I tried to use the green jog machine commands, I was offered the change to set the com port manually. That fixed it for me!

My machine (CRON CNC) worked fine until i downloaded latest driver. The machine works fine with CANDLE.

Does your PC meet the system requirements? Specifically the Windows 10 or 11 version and the lack of support for windows 7/8…

Would your computer happen to be a Toshiba laptop? I have one the hates any usb device that is not a mouse, keyboard or thumb drive. . Then there is the connectors that are too loose issue. It will not connect the xcarve controller but will work with the laser engraver after I cycle everything and plug/unplug the usb a few times and set a hammer down beside it.