STL Files Creation and Editing

I have been playing with my new Monoprice IIIPlus printer and I want to edit a few files. Does anyone know of a good/free editor?

said this same thing many times to several people. had to give a like as it made me smile to know someone else so far away using the same phrase. :smile:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=advanced+google+search+tips

3 Likes

The free / opensource options are listed here: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

Commercial ones here: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

Some additional 3D printing software is listed at: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

Additions, corrections, commentary would be welcome.

1 Like

What Will said!

That is not a phrase he is missing a capital letter and a period. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love to use Zbrush and the new update Version 4R8 is awesome! Also it does vectors like nothing I have ever seen.
Live Boolean:
Any model can be subtracted from another, regardless of their polygon counts.

VECTOR DISPLACEMENT MESH FEATURE:

ALPHA 3D:
Convert any sculpture or shape into a 2D alpha with the click of a button.
Once the shape or sculpture has been captured, you can reposition, adjust, or even rotate the alpha to any axis

And my new favorite feature is this!
3D TEXT & VECTOR SHAPE CREATOR:
ZBrush 4R8 comes with a complete generator for creating 3D text in real-time. This makes it possible to create individual words or small phrase in 3D. You can also use an SVG file to create your own custom logo for placement on any surface.

Google is a friend but is it like searching through the garbage to find a steak dinner, You don;t always get what you want,

1 Like

try to define a better search, try fresh T-bone instead of just T-bone. funny thing about searches they tend to give you what you ask, so if you don’t get the right answer try asking a different question.

not trying to blast anyone but I have seen many users get frustrated and give up after looking through the garbage too long, and then they never ask the “right” question so just wanting to expand the search and get everyone to try something different and you might get different results.

1 Like