STL files from Amazon

Haven’t purchased… but for those in Canada… I found this one…

1 Like

He’s international!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just gave it a go… Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Great! I looked on ebay, but never thought to look on Amazon.

1 Like

Thank you for thinking of us! :slight_smile:

I am one of the “us”… maple syrup, Mounties, Igloos and all that…

1 Like

You may not sell this model to distribute it. For personal use only. Model cannot distributed to third parties in any media, including, cd, dvd uploaded to websites, ftp sites, transmitted in any electronic way.

I posted the question if this was in regards to selling carves, or strictly for redistribution of the digital files.

The copyright only applies to the digital file, you are free to manufacture and sell anything you make using those files.

This question has been litigated many times starting with people that sold fabric patterns trying to sue people that sold the clothing made from those patterns, The courts ruled that the products made from the pattern were not covered by any legal restriction and could be sold without restriction.

2 Likes

All the models he posted look like scans of something old enough to be in public domain. And yes ebay, aliexpress and so on is full of them models for sale and I can ensure you none of them are original design by people selling them, they are just better at finding things on internet than you and me.
I would be very worried about starting production lines based on such.

Also a reason why I try not post any of my original source files or even final products, its all fun and game till you see your work sold on etsy from Ukraine.

2 Likes

I enjoy creating my own reliefs.
There is something to pre-made stuff however.
Just like crafting. But thats my opinion.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the information @PhilJohnson . I agree, it’s a small price to pay for this and I didn’t have to search anywhere but this posting :slight_smile: I’m in for one.

1 Like

Thanks Phil, I just ordered his 1000 file set. Can’t beat it for just $35.

He should send you the 1000 file set for free for the referrals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I know what I am buying when I finally get to start using vcarve!

1 Like

Caution!! The download service only allows a certain volume amount (2GB?) before it tells you that you have to pay to use more of their ‘free’ download service. This was after downloading only 2 of the 10 specified files in the list he emailed me!! It was for a specific IP, so I fired up my VPN and changed the IP after every 2 files. Mission accomplished, but kinda shady. :rage:

Well that is not going to work for me. Thanks for the heads-up.

I have been collecting free asian heightmaps in prep for my x-carve, here’s the collection so far, all freely found on websites, not behind any kind of paywall or adwall.

I really prefer heightmaps to STLs, as you can load and layer them in different carving apps. I guess the more depth you get you would want more dynamic range in your grey values, also, I often see JPEG artifacts in the displacement, but what do you want; they’re free and you can smooth or sand that off easily :smiley:

I hope this saves you time, it took me a long time and help of a friend who speaks chinese to navigate the websites.

And if anyone has non-asian heightmaps, like Roman or historic or pub domain, feel free to share.

4 Likes

Will do. After GerryKaslowski’s post I’m not sure if my IP is static or dynamic if I reset the modem. I pay for higher speed cable but not sure if they would make it static or not. LOL this might be interesting to get all the files.

I just gave him a mediocre review. Apparently he knows that this is a problem, yet he still uses the same links. To me, that’s shady service. He’s hoping you’ll go away.

1 Like

I have not received a email with links but not worried.
I have been a member with Amazon for 15 years now and a Prime member. I’m sure if it’s bogus I’ll get my $35 back.

1 Like

What bothers me is that he sends out bad links, gets notice from the customer that the links are bad, then still keeps sending out the same bad links to new customers. It appears that it is not some new option with the download site. Not good.