Suggestions

Just purchased a 1000mm X-Carve and a new lap top. I am new to all of this. I would like to know what all APPS or programs or both that I need to down load to the PC. THANKS

Since you’re new to this, I’d say nothing. Easel (web based, no download required) will get you going and walk you through everything.

Depending on how you want to use your X-Carve, you can download Fusion 360 for CAD/CAM. However, being new, that might be some information overload.

Start with Easel and grow from there.

Easel is a browser based design/CAM suite which will operate the Xcarve with no additional programs/apps.
Not until you have your machine up and running, getting confident with CNC & Easel do you need to look elsewhere.

2 Likes

I’ll add that everyone’s needs are a little different. Best thing is to determine your goals and do a lot of reading on the forum about them. You will find tons of useful information about creating just about anything you desire and there is no standard way to accomplish any of it.

Easel is a good place to start but there are many paths to go down if you outgrow it’s capabilities. Seriously, spend hours and hours perusing the project, assembly, software and upgrade parts of the forum.

thanks, neal

Thanks Andy

Thanks Haldor

Neil, SEMPER FI brother

1 Like