Surfacing the Spoilboard/ Wasteboard

I am having a heck of a time getting information on how to resurface my wasteboard. Can someone please direct me to a video or something that explains how to do this? Thank you.

in easel you’d create a rectangle pocket to the desired depth, with the desired bit and run the job. Now you may want to identify the max movement of your specific machine and make the rectangle a tiny bit smaller than that to ensure you don’t hit any limits…

Thank you but I’m looking for a video if possible on this topic. I appreciate the reply but as a beginner I’m afraid it’s just not enough information for me.

I have a video showing surfacing a workpiece, you’d just need to alter the dimensions to match your work area, which would differ from cnc model to cnc model :man_shrugging:

And this one shows a sacrificial wasteboard added on top and the surfacing of that…

2 Likes

Do you have a surfacing bit?
You don’t want to surface the Inventables wasteboard, get a piece of 1/2" MDF
Use the XCare to cut the holes in the MDF to match the holes in the Inventavbles wasteboard so you can use the inserts.
9 of the holes you can make bigger so you can attach that piece of MDF to the inserts in the wasteboard.
Cut to a finish size of 29.5" X 29.5"
Then surface the piece of 1/2" MDF and that will be your new wasteboard and you will have access to your inserts.
You can resurface it quite a few times before it needs replacing.
https://easel.inventables.com/projects/Rz3jhgBbxg2GlXE11072Cg![image|690x355](upload://7aBdK2AHEUbeR2XE2YRSSBIBpVi.jpeg)

2 Likes

Great info. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I wish I would’ve known this prior to surfacing my waste board. I may just purchase a new one and go with this method, thank you very much for this information.

1 Like

You can still use the old one, if you look in the picture you can see that I surfaced my waste board first before adding a sacrificial MDF piece to the top.
Russell

1 Like

Do you have the file for this?

1 Like

Workpiece 1 & 2 of the easel project he linked above has the carve files to drill all the holes…
this one > Easel - Wasteboard for XCarve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.