Here are some semi-official requirements for running Easel.
- Windows 7 or newer
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer
- At least 2GB of system memory
- At least 100MB of hard drive space
- This is a tricky one because there are so many graphics setups out there. To use the 3D preview in Easel you will need a graphics setup that supports WebGL. You can use this site to determine if your system supports webgl, and get info on enabling it if possible: https://get.webgl.org/
- VRAM : some graphics cards have devoted video memory. If your system does, it needs at least 64mb of memory to display the 3D preview.
- Easel is designed primarily for a trackpad or 2 button mouse. It does not use the third mouse button (because of compatibility issues with laptops). It does use the “scroll” functionality of a trackpad / mouse wheel if there is one, although scrollbars are provided for the 2D editor (although, importantly, not for the 3d editor, this is an area to be improved on).
- Easel has not been tested for use with assistive devices, including screen readers. If you are interested in helping us with this, please contact me.
- Easel has not been tested for use with built in magnification systems for fonts. This is an area that I think we need to address soon.
- Fonts, colors and contrast have not been extensively tested for optimized visibility. If you want to help us with this, or are having trouble with a part of the site, please create a thread in this category.