Targ's Workshop Build Log ... First Cuts

Very nice design, I’m going to have to do some R&D (Ripoff and Duplicate) your overall idea. I may try and do more of a Paulk style top but overall I love your design. If you don’t mind sharing your sketchup, I would appreciate it and congrats on the baby.

1 Like

thanks, I didn’t create it in sketchup. I am in the process of making some plans to distribute, but that is taking longer than anticipated (with baby and all). I am hoping to get it together by the end of next week, but i’m not making any promises. If you message me your email, i can send you an stl file to get you a head start.

1 Like

Got my first cut video up on youtube. It cut well once i figured out how deep I could cut. The X-carve ran great with no missed steps or misalignments. I am however a little disappointed with the stock spindle, it could not cut very deep at all.

1 Like

Man, babies take up a lot of time!!! Still working on the folding table cart video and plans, but its just taking forever. I have been able to get up 2 videos though … my X-Carve review and creating a half tone image …

3 Likes

Take care of your wife
And give her a big hug from a Swede :smiley:

will do :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Matt

Do you have made a cuttinglist for the X-carve table ?
I have cut the piece where the x-carve to be placed,
but not the things on the left (with the drawer)
I can´t figure out the dimensions

1 Like

Hi Matt
How wide and deep is the drawers in the table

Kristian / Sweden

1 Like

Hey Targ, I saw the router clamp and dust shoe for the makita, is there any chance you would be willing to sell them
?

1 Like

Hello Targ. I see you’ve been busy working on priority #1, family. I’m just checking in to see if you’ve completed the build plans for your x carve table.

1 Like

I’ve been looking a folded table for storage. I like this setup looks like it will help protect it from getting bumped as well. Did anyone get basic size of this or am I blind and do not see it?

1 Like

Shoot me an email at Matthew@Targsworkshop.com and I can send you some info on the cart.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the plans still have to add a few last touches but I’ll soon be able to park in my garage again!

6 Likes

Looks Good.

1 Like

Matthew, thanks for the plans! I am clearing out space in my garage now and going to the lumber store tomorrow to pick up some sheets! I absolutely love this design!

1 Like

Modified mine because I had the sideboard and didn’t want to go through the hassle of all the drawers. The concept is the same though. Excuse the mess, but after a coupleo f weeks I was excited to get carving :wink:

4 Likes

Looks great. My shop (garage) looks very similar.

1 Like

Looks like exactly what I need! Are the plans available anywhere yet?

Info here.

Hi, I just purchased the x-carve myself and I like your foldable table. I was wondering if you had the build plans for this or if there were any that I could find and use? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,