Targ's Workshop Build Log ... First Cuts

Howdy, I just got my x carve. I’m curious if you still have the plans you willing to show. I’m new to this site as well

1 Like

I was reviewing your post as I am looking for space saving work station options really like the design!.

It is now 2017 and I am hoping you may still have those free plans noted above still available. If you could let me know I sure would appreciate it.

I am Jon and my email is JJMjmowan@comcast.net

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t really come to this forum much anymore, if anyone want the plans and models, send me an email at matthew@targsworkshop,com and I can send you what i have.

2 Likes

what are the dimensions of the tilt top the the x carve sits on?

1 Like

I made mine 42x47.25. I wish I would have made it 44 or 45. The 47.25 wide is good enough room for the wires and tools motors. The 42 I have a handle in front now it’s just enough room.

1 Like

what is the total depth of your cart when its folded down?

1 Like

Here is our take on Matthew’s innovative and space saving cart. We made most of ours, sans the torsion box top, out of scrap we had laying around.

2 Likes

That looks awesome!! and its not top heavy?? What is the depth cart without the top. i’m about to make one very soon but i’m having home depot cut all the wood for me so i need measurements without have to deal with trial and error.

1 Like

no support legs ??

1 Like

Surprisingly the cart is not as top heavy as one would think. The cart is about 1380mm wide, 435mm deep, and 890mm tall with the casters. The work top is 1232mm wide by 1100mm deep. We have considered adding support legs but have not had any issues to date. We keep the top horizontal by using to K-body clamps near the rear.

In regards to the stability and top heaviness, if that became an issue in the future I believe I have enough space at the bottom of the cart to add a double bottom with sand…hope that does not occur though.

1 Like

Mine was just a hair under 18 inches, then where I keep my keyboard and monitor is 24 inches.

1 Like

Hi!
Is there possibility to get plans? Sent e-mail to Targ week ago, no response.
My email k.sedlins(at)gmail.com

1 Like

I sent you an email yesterday. Sorry for the delay.

1 Like

Thank You!

1 Like

That is exactly what I am looking for in a table. Did you ever make the plans available? I would be VERY interested.

1 Like

Hi everybody,

Thanks to Matthew, I started to build my own flip table based on Matthew’s plan.
But because it’s for the 1000mm with the side board, it’s very heavy.

So I’m wondering what to use for the flipping part.
Due to the size I where trying to reduce the cost so I used OSB
with pine battens for the torsion box and strengthening some fragile parts.

But because of the weight I’l wondering how to do for the rotating part.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Jimmy

1 Like

Not sure what you are referring to as rotating part?
Mine pivots on two 1/2" carriage bolts, one each side.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry for my approximative english. :wink:
I was referring to the pivot.

1 Like

No need to apologize I thought it was a translation issue. Just asking for clarity.

1 Like

I really like this design and would love to use it in my shop. I’ve emailed Matthew a couple of times but haven’t heard back. Would anyone on here be able to forward the design files over to me? Thanks! wjtwifor@ncsu.edu