Telecaster Guitar Project

I agree Michael - The CNC portion of this project was the first 10-15%. I could have accomplished the same by buying or making a template, roughing it out on a bandsaw (or a fret saw for that matter) and then using a series of router processes to end up with the same basic guitar body blank.

Sharing the project on here I had no fear about the CNC aspects, in fact I would assume the latter people asking about how we could do more on the CNC such as carving the belly cut and arm reliefs. I have seen the attitude you are referring to crop up on more guitar focused forums which have an old guard that prefers their old methods.

At the end of the day the CNC is a tool, just as is a table saw, handsaw or pencil and paper. That is what I love about it, it gains efficiency in my process wherever I want it and allows me to decide where and when to leverage it vs another tool.

I am looking forward to seeing how you can use it in your process, and if I can help with any of that I am more than willing.

Blair

2 Likes