Template hole pattern doesn’t ever match

You calculate the ratio and the resulting number is multiplied by the number currently used in your settings now. It is a decimal number. That new number gets entered and replaces the old one. The setting is steps per millimeter. This change can be made through Easel, or a Gcode sender by the console line.

Im doing test cuts now to see if everything is working correct. So fat dept is still out. will change it now and see if it is better

Here’s the standard xcarvd settings with a brief explanation of what they do…

If you are using soft or hard limits you’ll want to set the last 3 values correctly as well…

And set $1=255

Hi there Seth, So I checked the settings for the new 2021 machine I have and all were as you suggest except the z was not the same. I changed that but not sure what that would have to do with the hole pattern being so far off?

J-

1 Like

you’re correct, the z calibration would have nothing to do with an X,Y movement.

can you share the easel project? (go to project>Share and change it to unlisted and copy that link and paste it over here)

I know that I saw one of those bump stops over on the Inventables project site and there were like 5 different workpieces in the project and they all were not matching, a few had different hole spacing… so if you got it from there, then the holes might not even be spaced 75mm on the design to even begin with…

I might happen to have a similar design of my own with a proper 75mm spacing within the design :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.