Text carving size

Let me start off by saying I am new to using my x-carve. I like what it has been able to create so far, but I am struggling with a few things.

1. How do you adjust the width of letters that are being carved, without sacrificing the overall size of the word?

2. Is there a way to adjust the grid to a finer measurement the inches or mm? Specifically down to 1/2", 1/4" or 1/8".

Thanks for your support

1. The weight of the font can’t be adjusted (there is no option to bold or unbold). However, you could try using a different size bit to what you tell Easel you have (a larger bit for thicker letters, a smaller bit for thinner letters).

2. No, unfortunately there is no way to adjust the grid. However, you can use the positioning tools for each shape to put things exactly where you want them, then verify that the design looks right in the detailed preview. FYI: If you use the metric grid (mm), the grid size is less than 1/2", which considerably finer than the Imperial grid. 10mm (the metric grid size) is about 2/5ths or ~0.4 inches.

Thanks Kimberly. Both of those things are what I am doing now. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing a feature. Thanks again for you reply.

@EdwardDanielJr. Not sure if this will help but here is a video where I am talking about changing the size. Start at 8:31 to get the discussion that might help you. https://youtu.be/THpqsd6SxfI

You can use the Offsetter app to fatten any of the fonts. I set this sample at .1. It takes a little bit of work but has helped me more than one time with Easel fonts.

Fatten fonts

1 Like