Text size match "Size"

I wasn’t able to see a matching topic so go easy on me…

If you type a font, and set the “Height” it should really be said height…

As you can see in the above, the boxes are 3, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 inch square, however if you look at the “size” attribute of each matching number they are 5.408, 3.687, 1.847, .933, .434 & .224 respectively to actually have the letter be the size.

It seems like the “height” is an arbitrary size based on a “text box” not the actual text.

Any way (other than figuring out the scaling ratio of each font) to get the font to be the size I really put in?

1 Like

I agree. Trying to make Letter Blocks is a pain. The letters have to be centered in the square block. Or how about a way to convert the text to svg?

This has to do with how Easel uses web fonts, which go on the time-honored measurements of baselines, kerning, leading, point sizes, etc. They don’t really correspond to actual measurements.

However there is a workaround. If you run the Exploder app on the text, it will convert it from editable text into a shape whose dimensions are more accurate to what you see visually. The downside is that you won’t be able to edit the text anymore, so be sure you’re happy with your font choice. :smile:

1 Like