There are no objects in your design that can be carved with your current settings

Hi This must be a common error when starting. To my understanding I have the project in both drawing board and visual board it runs the simulator everything has been set to what I believe is correct. what settings are missing? it would be good if the error message gave a hint to what is wrong. may it be that I am not working with a compatible machine Genmitsu 3020 max pro. thank for any help. B

1 Like

Hi Bernard, it sounds like you may have setup a 2 bit carve and the 2st bit, the roughing bit is too large or there are no “Pocket” cut types in this project.

Easel only uses the roughing bit for roughing out the bulk material from a pocket cut type. If you want to use the roughing bit to carve in other areas than additional steps must be taken for this to happen…

Can you share the easel project and j can better explain your specific issue?
Thanks

Oh and your machine is totally compatible with easel, that’s not the issue :+1:

Hi Seth Thank you for your help.[quote=“SethCNC, post:2, topic:135693, full:true”]
Hi Bernard, it sounds like you may have setup a 2 bit carve and the 2st bit, the roughing bit is too large or there are no “Pocket” cut types in this project.

Easel only uses the roughing bit for roughing out the bulk material from a pocket cut type. If you want to use the roughing bit to carve in other areas than additional steps must be taken for this to happen…

Can you share the easel project and j can better explain your specific issue?
Thanks

Oh and your machine is totally compatible with easel, that’s not the issue :+1:
[/quote]

I will try again with your information and get back to you.

Bernard

1 Like

Hi Seth Thank you for your help. I have started with a new project, imported a dxf file this simple window is scaled to size and I have avoided rough cut as you advised. The bite size .8mm.
I home the machine.
Set materials
Set the zero
Reset the position towards the front left corner, using jog the spindle running, hit carve and it stops.
I am missing something in the set up.
Below is the file. I appreciate your help I have been trying for hours to resolve this. It takes me back to learning cad with all its frustrations.
Best wishes
Bernard

Easel - Untitled
Cannot work out how to post the file onto easel. I have been working all day at it. I have imported it to a new file and avoided rough cut. Homed set the depth z brought the cutter to a xy front left and still it spines the motor and cuts out. I copied the file and brought it into Candle which came with the machine. Set it up and the same thing happens motor spins and stops. I have got something wrong in the G code. I keep combing through my setting to see what It is but to no Avail.
Best wishes
Bernard

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.