These popped off something during my first carve

Hey! I just completed my first carve, and while it was carving these 2 nuts popped off of something and I can’t figure out from where… The only thing I can think of that had pieces this small were the homing switches however they’re all secure.

IMG_3702|375x500

Have you checked the cable raceways where they attach?

Pretty sure those where to the homing switches. I couldn’t think of any smaller bolts. Prob on z axis?

Looks like a M3 nut.

Gotta be a home switch. I think those are the only nuts that small that aren’t lock nuts. There’s 2 screws per switch so they could appear tight.

Z axis is threaded hole. X axis and Y axis are screw and nut attached.

The Z probe isn’t a lock nut but it’s much larger.

That’s what I thought too, I’ll triple check them.

I don’t know why but the first photo didn’t post… here it is…

Def looks like homing switch. But now I think your just showing off your nail polish.

2 Likes

My question would be is your finger 1” in diameter or 10” in diameter. Of course I’m exaggerating but scale when compared to a finger is hard to judge because not all hands are the same size. So these could be anywhere between M3-M5 nuts depending on whose finger they are sitting on.

Nice polish by the way.

alright i’m convinced it’s the homing switches. I’ll report back tomorrow. I might be showing that off considering it didn’t chip during assembly Success :rofl:

1 Like

I know, it’s hard to capture such small size differences within a picture… I have a average size thumb I’d like to think. My gut tells me they’re M3 nuts.

None of mine were tapped except for the Z axis

Blue Locktite!!

2 Likes

Yes, when I find where these came off of I’ll use locktite.

I just realized I’m a dumb@$$ and the holes are actually M2 holes and not M3.

I remembered that I had to drill and tap M3 holes for my linear Z and the switch needed to drill out.

Point is, the only screws that small are home switches.