This is COOL! AxiDraw Drawing Machine

3 Likes

Hey Phil,

That Eiffel tower is NICE! I’ve seen your cool mount and a few others on the forum but thought this was really cool and precise, especially like the 45% angle option that can be used with fountain and calligraphy pens as well as chisel tips I imagine. Nice that it’s portable as well. Anyways I think there’s some good takeaways from this device that we/you/us could adapt to the x-carve… Cheers!

1 Like

As @PhilJohnson has pointed out, your X-Carve can do this.

That said, I have some bits of Makerslide, some stepper motors and far too much spare time so I might try and make one of these. Mechanically, it shouldn’t be too difficult. Software for it is up on GitHub. A Christmas gift perhaps.

1 Like

Yes I know it’s doable/possible and being done to a certain extent… I think you missed my point in sharing, maybe I need to be more specific to why I’m sharing certain things in the future… Just thought it was cool as a standalone unit, but would never purchase at $500. when my x-carve can do it similarly… With that said, can’t wait to see what you come up with out of your spare parts, Cheers!

This is almost the same thing and you can buy it for $177

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like