Three Easel Suggestions

1. Do not select outline when selecting objects inside outline.
    Example: Create rectangle, select outline, outside, place two objects inside the rectangle, select the two objects using the mouse with left button/drag, the rectangle is selected also. I do this when I need to move the objects inside the rectangle or need to align them.

2. Provide a way to change the autosave feature. On a slow machine or slow internet connection, it disrupts dragging objects. I would prefer an autosave when I hit the carve button and/or at a certain interval.

3. Provide feedback (ā€œGenerating detail toolpathā€ with progress) during detail bit toolpath generation. If the carve is highly detailed, this step can take a while and nothing is displayed on screen - the window is only disabled. The first time this happened, I thought my computer had locked up.

Thanks!

Regards Steveā€™s number 2 suggestion regarding ā€˜autosaveā€™, I would prefer that no saving occur until I tell it to save using a new entry in the ā€˜fileā€™ menu. That way if I want to revert, I simply reload the file. At the moment, I have to make copies and then keep careful track as to which file is the latest with acceptable changes. I also worry what happens if an autosave fails in the middle. Likely my file would be wiped out.

1 Like

How about they allow the use of probing commands to zero your machine with a touch plate in Easel.

2 Likes

Yes Charley! I knew there were four things I wanted to suggest.

Four: Use of probing commands to zero your machine.

A while back I sent a msg to Zach Kaplan about this. He said that the Easel gurus were looking in to this but I havenā€™t heard anything since.

I only have one voice but if enough people started asking then I am sure that they would act.

ā€¦ and number 5.

An Easel version number with changelog.