[In Process] Three steps forward . . . two steps back . . . now its almost back to square one

I am almost at the end . . . . I’ve had issues . . . . some with spindle issues . . . . some my own . . . but I’ve kept going forward knowing . . . . eventually I will get everything tuned it . . . and actually be able to get my first project accomplished . . . . I got my machine in late June . . . . . . . I am a weekend only woodworker at the moment . . . but really trying to make a career . . . I after today’s discovery . . . . I gave up and finally made my first project . . . a door sign for my little girl . . . . . and the discovery was indeed true . . . . my lines are not at all straight . . . .

Today’s discovery was that the v-wheels on my z-axis have way too much play . . . the deflection is just over a 16th of an inch at the tip of a v-bit on the y-axis (front back play). The nuts are as tight as I could get them . . . but have stripped the heads on this latest set (my 3rd) . . . . and the play is still there.

So . . . for my final attempt . . . . and final $$ to fix this . . . may possibly be the Steel Dual V-Wheel, 5mm Bore option. This will be a significant upgrade in costs . . . but I really can’t see any other options . . . and I am losing my enthusiasm after the wait for my machine to finally get to me . . . . and now 3+ months of headaches without having a single product produced . . . . . other than a door sign with unsteady results . . .

So I guess I am asking if anyone has tried the Steel Dual V-Wheel, 5mm Bore and nuts. . . . and what their experience was with them . . .

I’m at the end of my rope . . . and kinda depressed about it . . .