Hi! Tiling in Easel Pro is now live and functional for all Pro users. Previously it was in Beta.
You can learn more about tiling by watching this Video: Basics of Tiling
Read more about tiling in Easel Pro below, and reply with any questions. Thanks! - Ben
Carving large projects can be a hassle, but with tiling, Easel makes large projects easier.
In order to trigger tiling, you need to be carving a material bigger than your machine work area in the Y direction.
A new tiling menu will appear in the material library dropdown in the top right screen in Easel.
Selecting a tile from the lengths shown will preview what Easel will carve in both the design and 3D preview panel.
- Make sure you’ve entered the correct size of your material.
- Select the part of the design you wish to carve from the tiling menu Tiling menu
- Use the preview to double-check which part of your design will carve.
- Follow normal carving procedure.
NOTE: If you are carving the nth tile, use the first step of the carve modal to see how much you should shift your material in order to carve the next tile.
- Use material that can be aligned and shifted easily (straight left edge recommended)
- Mark offsets shown in tile menu before starting the carve
- Create a guard to slide material against. A 48" level can be used as a guide.
- Reuse your last work position in the carve walkthrough when carving your second, third, etc. tiles